Sunday, September 5, 2010

Scenic train journey

Had to go to Edinburgh for a meeting last week - I always travel by train and it's one of my favourite train journeys. So many sights to see. You get a quick view of York Minster, and then next you get a quick glimpse of the Angel of the North, if you know where to look.


Then you cross the Tyne in Newcastle with a great view of all the bridges along it.


From there it's Durham with its castle and cathedral


And then Berwick on Tweed, whcih is a place I've always wanted to visit, but never managed.


At some points in the journey, the train tracks run so close to the sea. you can almost touch it. No matter how much work I've taken with me to do, I always end up gazing out of the window for most of the time.


The pictures were all taken on my phone, so not brilliant quality, and unfortunately I missed Holy Island.

No comments: