Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The 39 Steps




In London at the moment for two conferences, and luckily had a free night last night. When that happens I like to treat myself to a night out on my own, usually a meal and a show. Last night I walked from my hotel in Lancaster Gate to Piccadilly Circus, which entailed walking almost the full length of both Oxford Street and Regent Street. So many shops, so little time! I was on my way to The Criterion Theatre to see The 39 Steps, on a recommendation from a friend and my son.

The theatre was lovely, very old and originally a Music Hall, the corridors lined with original tiles. The play was, well different. Definitely following the story of John Buchan's famous novel, but in the form of a comedy. Only 4 actors, one playing Richard Hannay, one the 3 female parts, and the other two playing, well everything else. Policemen, farmers, hotel staff... You name it. Hilariously funny and well worth seeing.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: