Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year's Resolution.....

....is to post more on this blog, in the way that I intended when I set it up. More often, briefer, and more of what interests me and less of what did I do on my holidays. My mobile app, Blogpress which has been broken for over 3 months is now mended so that might make it easier.

So, what better to start the new year than two of my favourite things - cats and food!  My stupid (but hugely loveable) cat Rocco, still thinks our kitchen sink is his bed. Here he is watching me trying to rinse a load of vegetables without wetting him. In the end I gave up, turned the taps on, and he very reluctantly moved, slowly giving his legs a shake. Within a couple of minutes he was back in....


I was rinsing vegetables because I realised I had a glut of them in my veg boxes from the last two weeks, and there's another one due on Thursday. So, curried vegetable soup it is! Everything I could find  - peeled, diced, and cooked in a mixture of wine and stock, with a teaspoon of curry paste to give it some oomph.  A quick whizz with my hand held blender, and a dollop of philly right at the end and voila!   I love veg, but now there's only two of us, I'm not getting through them as fast as I should. Perhaps it's time to downsize.

No comments: