Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Devil is in the Detail

By Christmas I had all of the rooms of my Dolls House decorated, and with enough furniture in them to look real. My next task is to continue to "dress" them. To make them look lived in, with different scenes in the rooms.  This is fiddly, and quite expensive if you buy everything. I'm trying to make as much I can and pick up pieces where ever I can.

The pink bedroom (this belongs to a teenage girl I think), has a box of chocolates and box of photographs


as well as various toiletries on the bedside table and a gift box on the floor


and jewelry, shells, combs and mirrors on the chest.


It's important in the nursery to have toys, and books on the bookshelf (all of these are readable)


as well as bottles, nappies and bedding for the baby:


My dining room is set for a sumptious afternoon tea


and I'm trying to get as much detail in as possible, so there are glasses and bottles in the dresser, and cutlery in the drawer



In the living room there are ornaments, flowers, teapots and even a goldfish in a bowl.


Finally the kitchen - there's a dresser with coffee and grinder, herbs and various bits of crockery, as well as a table set for breakfast and a vegetable preparation area:



Oh, and I almost forgot, the music room now has a banjo in it:



No comments: