Monday, March 12, 2012

Chatsworth

Lovely day at Chatsworth on Saturday on preview day. House looking fab after its clean, and all of the gold window frames were sparkling in the sun. I thought about having our hall ceiling painted like this one, but decided it was perhaps a little OTT.

I took quite a few pictures of the interior, hoping to use them as inspiration when I decorate my dolls house (more on that later). Not sure I'm going to be up to this though.


Nice walk through some of the grounds, and we caught a glimpse of the Antony Caro Exhibition which opens next week. I have to admit, I'm no fan. Looks like someone has left a load of scrap metal on the grass. This is one of the better ones.

Much perfer the willow sculptures which are all around the kitchen garden by Laura Ellen Bacon.


Then we went to the farm shop, where I spent far too much money on nice food!

No comments: