Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dolls House continued

Dolls House update. Spent part of the train journey to London on Friday working out which rooms would go where. This is the latest plan:

As for the period, well I think its going to be a mixture of Victorian, Georgian and modern! The sort of house I'd like to live in. Today I decided to decorate one of the main rooms, with wallpaper I'd bought from a little shop in York last week. But, it's quite complicated. I had to paint the ceiling, stain the door and door frame, install a light fitting, put the paper on including cutting it round the door, and lay a carpet. Here's what it looked like when I'd finished.

Not too bad. I'm learning lots as I go, the main thing today being that my very sharp paper knife will not cut though the wallpaper when it has paste on.

 I'm not a particularly tidy person, and here's the mess I made doing this one room:

No comments: